Lonely pensioners, including labor veterans living in Russia, enjoy many benefits. Free travel in public transport is not all that such pensioners or single families of pensioners are entitled to.
Upon reaching the retirement age, in order to draw up all the necessary "preferential" documentation, you should contact the district department of social protection of the population (necessarily the place of permanent residence).
Benefits for all retirees
Pensioners (men over 60 and women over 55) who do not belong to the preferential categories are entitled to:
- free movement in absolutely any city public transport;
- free dental prosthetics. Subsequent repair of dentures, associated costs for precious metals, cermets are not taken into account in the manufacture of dentures.
Benefits for single pensioners
Single pensioners or families that consist only of pensioners have the right to:
- free movement in various city public transport;
- free dental prosthetics, subsequent repair of dental prostheses. Also, the accompanying costs for precious metals, cermets are not taken into account in the manufacture of prostheses;
- monetary monthly compensation in the amount of 190 rubles for fixed telephone services (only for telephone network subscribers);
- exemption from payment for services for the removal of solid household waste.
Lonely retirees receive a subsidy for monthly utility bills. This is mandatory. Also, lonely people of retirement age reserve the right to use a television collective antenna, paying only 50% of the established tariff.
Benefits for pensioners who are supported by minor children
Practically the same benefits are received by pensioners or single families of pensioners who are in the care of minor children, those who are under 18 years of age. In this case, the right to travel free of charge in any public transport is also retained. People are provided with free dental prosthetics and receive monthly monetary compensation for fixed telephone services.
Lonely Labor Veterans Benefits
If a single pensioner has a document confirming his status as a labor veteran, he can count on additional benefits. This means free travel on suburban railway transport (electric trains). Lonely veterans of labor get back 50% of their utility bills. Also, for medical reasons, a full-fledged free spa treatment is provided with travel by rail to the destination and back.