Before talking directly about the rights and benefits of a single mother in accordance with Russian law, it is worth determining who is considered a single mother, what are the main "signs" for obtaining this status officially.
The law says
Single mother status can be acquired in the following cases:
- if paternity is not established at all (voluntarily or in court);
- if the paternity of a baby born in a legal union or within 300 calendar days after a divorce has not been established;
- when a child is born outside the bonds of legal marriage or after the expiration of 300 days from the date of divorce;
- upon adoption (adoption) of a child, the woman was not officially registered in marriage;
- if the already initially established paternity of the spouse is contested in the judicial authorities.
In 2014, the amount of benefits for single mothers in Russia and, in particular, in Moscow itself increased significantly, and the benefit that a single mother receives is several times different from the amount that an “ordinary” mother receives.
- payment of an additional allowance for caring for a child until the latter reaches the age of one and a half years;
- officially, a single mother can under no circumstances be deprived of a job without her desire until her child reaches the age of 14. Even in the event of bankruptcy, the closure of the company, the management must provide further employment (this is given up to 3 months);
- the payment of sick leave does not depend on the length of service and for the first decade of sick leave, 100% is paid, and in the subsequent period - 50% of the established wage;
- a single mother can take unpaid leave at any time (no more than once a year);
- getting a voucher for a child to camps, sanatoriums and health resorts (at least once every 2 years);
- 50% discount on expensive medicines (a list of funds must be in any pharmacy);
- free services of a massage therapist in a medical institution of the region;
- a discount (about 35%) for teaching a child in certain sections, circles, etc.)
Also, in addition to the above benefits for this category of mothers (single women), certain benefits are provided, namely:
- one-time registration allowance 515.33 rubles. (up to 12 weeks gestation);
- benefits for pregnancy and, accordingly, childbirth;
- a one-time allowance when the baby is born (13,742 rubles);
- monthly allowance (up to 1, 5 years old child), the amount of which is at least 2576 rubles. (for the 1st child) and 5173 rubles. (for the second);
- receiving "maternity capital" (only when the second baby is born);
- allowance for children in the following ages: 0-18 (paid every month);
- provision of "natural" assistance (distribution of sets of underwear for newborn babies, free distribution of dairy products, baby food according to the prescription of a pediatrician);
- receiving compensation in case of caring for a disabled child (up to 18 or up to 23 years old);
It is important to note that each individual constituent entity of the Russian Federation has its own procedures that establish the amount of payments to single mothers. However, there is something in common for the inhabitants of any region. The amount of benefits is directly proportional to the income of the single mother.