The work of an actor is very difficult. And there are many reasons for this. Before making the final decision on entering drama school, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the skills that you need to develop in yourself, as well as study all the advantages and disadvantages of the profession.
The profession of an actor is very difficult. She, like any other profession, has its own characteristics, advantages and disadvantages. In addition, each artist must have a specific set of knowledge and skills.
Professional knowledge and skills
- The actor must be able to reincarnate both internally and externally. If he does not know how to get used to the image, it means that he will not be able to achieve success in the profession.
- It is necessary to understand the specifics of genres and roles. A comedic character and an action hero are not the same thing.
- In many cases, the actor must create an image of his character based on the verbal description.
- Knowledge in the field of psychology is required (facial expressions, speech features, gestures and much more).
- You cannot succeed if you cannot cope with the fear of the stage, the camera and the audience.
- Musical and choreographic skills are often required.
- The actor must have flawless articulation.
- The actor must be charismatic, memorable.
- The actor must have a sense of harmony and rhythm.
- The actor must constantly improve his skills, learn.
Also, do not forget that a lot depends on a specific role. Many actors had to lose / gain weight, study martial arts, learn to ride horses, practically live in gyms in order to reliably play their hero.
The merits of the profession
- It will be interesting. Actors are constantly surrounded by creative personalities, unique people. They often travel not only around the country, but also around the world. There is an opportunity to improve oneself, develop skills and gain new knowledge. You will definitely not be bored.
- Popularity. By becoming an actor, you can win the love of the audience. They will learn on the street, come up to be photographed.
- Actors can be anyone - heroes, bandits, hopeless romantics, simple laborers, geniuses. Everything is possible in this profession.
- The profession is socially significant. You can share your views, point of view with viewers, take part in shaping the future generation.
- You can go down in history.
- No salary cap. The work of an actor can be paid very well. An example of this is Dwayne Johnson, who earns more than $ 80 million a year.
Disadvantages of the profession
- Serious injury can occur during filming. For example, Jackie Chan has broken everything that can be broken during his professional career. And one day he could have died altogether.
- An actor is a way of life. To be successful, you must fully devote yourself to creativity. Popular actors have no time for family or personal life.
- The profession is not stable. Today there is work, tomorrow it may not be. And we are talking not only about novice actors, but also about established professionals.
- It takes a lot of work to get high pay.
- A very high level of competition. To receive invitations to shoot, you must constantly show yourself. Even the most successful actors go to auditions.
- The life of an actor is constantly in sight. Hiding from fans and ordinary viewers is very difficult. You have to constantly monitor your actions, words. One careless retort and a career can be ruined.
It is only at first glance that the actors get a lot of money without doing anything. But they have to constantly work on themselves. An eight-hour day is not about them. You have to work when there is work.Some actors during filming not only do not fully rest, but also sleep only a few hours a day.
To achieve success and nationwide love, you will have to work hard and hard. Nobody will pay the actor just like that.