Communication today is unthinkable without business letters. Business correspondence is a written dialogue that helps organizations and citizens to solve the most important issues for their life and work. The genre and thematic range of business correspondence is diverse. The most common letters today are requests. It is hardly possible to list all the situations that entail the need to write such letters. At the same time, there are templates, standards, which will make it easier to compose any request.
In a simple situation, if the addressee does not need to be informed about the background of the issue, to convince of the need for help, the request is stated immediately, briefly and clearly: “I ask you (what to do and why)”. In case of a “costly”, “complex” request, it is necessary to explain reasonably the reason for the request: why, in connection with what, for what purpose the author of the letter asks for assistance.
The composition of the request letter is as follows:
- introduction (statement of facts, events that shaped the situation - a reason for writing);
- justification (explanation of the main reasons that caused the appeal to the addressee with a request);
- conclusion (the request itself).
The version of a simple request letter is similar to the application form (personal or on behalf of the team). At the same time, the statement of the request is appropriate here:
- from the first person (singular number) - "Please" …
- from the first person (plural) - "Please" …
- from a third person (singular number) - "Administration requests" …
- from the third person (plural) - a series of nouns with a collective meaning.
When describing the reason for the appeal, the following wordings are used: in connection with …, taking into account …, based on the results …, in view of the discrepancy … etc. When stating the purpose of the appeal: in order to resolve the issue as soon as possible …, in order to fulfill …, for agreement …, in in order to ensure …, in order to avoid … When referring to the basis for the request: according to the government decree, according to the protocol, in connection with contacting us, in accordance with the previously reached agreement, on the basis of our telephone conversation, on the basis of an oral agreement, etc. …